Leg Up For Life

Monday, March 26, 2012

Holy Cow!

There are a lot of things I could write right now. Over the weekend we went to a open house at Veo Clinc in Ogden. Where I work; and had a little booth and spread the word about getting a new leg and sold some wrist bands. They sold hot dogs and then donated that money to me. I am so greatful to know that there is a God and he loves His children because as soon as I decided that I needed a new leg and my mom and I thought about doing fundraisers the windows of Heaven have been opened and person after person have been brought into my life with ideas and resources etc. I stand at awe watching the hand of God at work with this, it makes me think and feel that many lives will be blessed and legs will be made. One quick story of people being brought into my life is, I was at my friend Cherokee's house and my other friend Lindsey called me and asked about what she could do to help with the yard sale that we are going to have in June. We talked for a minute and then when I was off the phone Cherokee turned and asked what was going on. I gave her the spill about getting a new leg and she said that Bishop (the leader of our young single adult congregation) was looking for a service something to do. Then the idea spread like wild fire and tonight we are doing a kick off to sell the wrist bands. The Goal is to sell 4,000 bands at five dollars each. I am so excited and I do a happy dance a least once a night before I jump into bed.
Oh, one other thing is there is a guy in one of my classes that also has a fake leg. He and I skied together about 5 years ago. He is an amputee below his knee and he needs a new leg also. Paths crossed again and he will be getting a new one too. I can't keep this blessing to myself. "I can not see another lack and I not share"- Hymn "Because I Have Been Given Much I Too Must Give"

No comments:

Post a Comment